Thursday, January 7, 2010

27


It is really too late at night to begin writing anything, but tomorrow is my anniversary. 27 years ago Mark and I walked down the aisle to the hymn "On Christ the Solid Rock" said "I do."

I knew Mark loved me, and yet for the first few years of our marriage I needed contant reassurance. I battled depression and anxiety, and went into therapy. I asked Mark many times a day, "Do you love me?" Never once did he lose his patience with me. He did not begin looking around for someone who would be more appreciative of his love. Instead he prayed for me and patiently told me over and over (and over) again that he loved me. Then he would tap his finger on my heart and say, "When will it get in there?" And you know what? It finally did. My road to freedom from depression and anxiety felt very long in those days, but Mark never wavered. And he laid the foundation for my healing and for our life together. He taught me how to love as Jesus does.

On Christ the Solid Rock


My hope is built on nothing less,
than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.


0 comments:

My Blog List

  • What a day! Our new and improved PLAN for attacking New York began at a bus stop right in front of our hotel. For under $4 per person, we were delivered wi...
  • Each year I encourage the C3 class to commit to reading the Bible through in a calendar year. Committing to daily reading of God's word greatly enriches yo...
  • We are home again. After sleeping 10 hours, I woke to find Mark in the living room watching Geronimo starring Matt Damon, filmed in Monument Valley, of...
  • 3752 miles later, we're home. The last two days of driving were a little long, but worth it. We listened to Harry Potter 4 on the way there, and Harry Pott...
Powered by Blogger.